Re: [CQ-Contest] Self spot in ARRL DX

To: Stan Stockton <wa5rtg@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Self spot in ARRL DX
From: Henry Pollock - K4TMC <kilo4tmc@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2024 09:28:08 -0500
So...there is really no "unassisted" category anymore, right?

Wait a minute...I just looked at the latest ARRL International DX Contest
Rules, Categories for ARRL International DX Contest, Version 2.0 - 04 Jan
2024, Entry Categories For ARRL DX (page 4 of 11), which shows No Spotting
Assistance for SO and SOSB (reference HCAT.1.1 and HCAT.3.2.1).

The term "self-spotting" is not addressed.  However, on page 11, there is a
whole paragraph on the definition (Version 1.05, 10 Feb 2022) of
"Spotting/QSO Finding Assistance" that ends with this sentence: "Generating
spotting information for use by other stations is not considered to be
spotting assistance". So, does this include self-spotting?

73,
Henry - K4TMC
(always unassisted and no spotting)