Re: [CQ-Contest] CQWW CW LCR "incorrect call"

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CQWW CW LCR "incorrect call"
From: <john@kk9a.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Feb 2024 18:36:08 -0500
This happened to everyone.  If someone hears you send their callsign
incorrectly and they do not attempt to correct you that is poor operating
however most likely they did not copy your incorrect version due to QRM,
QRN, QSB, a slow relay, listening on another radio, having a snack etc.

John KK9A

Mike Smith VE9AA wrote:

<snip>
It's the list of 38 "incorrect calls" I have that I am curious about.  I
mostly ran and was unassisted, so I need to work on copying calls
correctly(that much is obvious) . Some calls had more than one typo/error in
them but as the runner I sent these busted calls back to the caller and
nobody corrected me?!

Is this because they are not affected(score-wise) if I butcher their call?
(am I understanding that correctly?)

Mike VE9AA