Re: [CQ-Contest] Is it time to move Field Day earlier in the year?

To: Barry W2UP <w2up.co@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Is it time to move Field Day earlier in the year?
From: Barry Jacobson <bdj@alum.mit.edu>
Date: Sun, 23 Jun 2024 17:05:08 -0400
I think the original idea was to have it on the longest day of the
year so people have as much daylight as possible for setup, operation
and takedown. But I do get quite hot, although the LIIMARC site this
year was not as warm as other places, possibly because was close to
body of water. Also, to generate publicity for ham radio, they want it
when people are likely to be strolling around in parks. Just my two
cents.

Barry WA2VIU
--
Barry Jacobson