Re: [CQ-Contest] Is it time to move Field Day earlier in the year?

To: Tom Hellem <tom.hellem@gmail.com>, Barry W2UP <w2up.co@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Is it time to move Field Day earlier in the year?
From: "chuck.gooden" <chuck.gooden@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2024 08:36:23 -0500
You will not be able to find  that will satisfy everyone.  Any change may
attract some persons but I fear will turn away many others.Chuck K9LC
-------- Original message --------From: Tom Hellem <tom.hellem@gmail.com> Date:
6/24/24  6:53 AM  (GMT-06:00) To: Barry W2UP <w2up.co@gmail.com> Cc: CQ-Contest
Reflector <cq-contest@contesting.com> Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Is it time to
move Field Day earlier in the year? Many in the northern parts of the U.S.
would probably not support that, IMHO.It’s either raining, snowing, snow on the
ground, or cold in April. And sometimes in May.I would vote for earlier in
June, however.Tom K0SN> On Jun 23, 2024, at 11:17 AM, Barry W2UP
<w2up.co@gmail.com> wrote:> > For most of the US, it's uncomfortably hot on
FD, not only this year, but> almost every year.  Why not move it to April or
May, or even the same> weekend as European FD?> > Barry W2UP>