Re: [CQ-Contest] Is it time to move Field Day earlier in the year?

To: CQ Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Is it time to move Field Day earlier in the year?
From: Zack Widup <w9sz.zack@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Jun 2024 23:00:50 -0500
In the months you propose, it could get very cold. I remember at least a
couple Field Days in years past where it got down into the 30's at night
and I couldn't send CW because my fingers were too cold to work the keyer.
I don't think it's getting warmer. I remember Field Days in the early 70's
where it almost got up to 100 and then the next year it got down to the
40's at night. I'd either rather leave it when it is, or go back to the
original Field Days when W1AW suddenly announced a couple days earlier for
a random weekend in June "This is it! Field Day weekend!"

Zack W9SZ

On Sun, Jun 23, 2024 at 12:18 PM Barry W2UP <w2up.co@gmail.com> wrote:

> For most of the US, it's uncomfortably hot on FD, not only this year, but
> almost every year.  Why not move it to April or May, or even the same
> weekend as European FD?
>
> Barry W2UP
<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>