CT-User

[ct-user] New NL section

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] New NL section
From: eparish@netcom.com (Ed Parish) (Ed Parish)
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 1997 06:52:32 -0700
To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
   Date: Wed, 18 Jun 1997 21:47:32 -0400
   From: Jim Reisert <AD1C@tiac.net>

   I have been working on the updated .DAT files for CT with the new NL
   (Newfoundland [VO1]
   Labrador [VO2]) section.  Unfortunately, it has demonstrated some problems
   with the CT software itself.

I downloaded the FD.DAT file and found that it crashed both CT9.23 and
CT9.27.  I played around with the file to make it work.  As Jim says, there
is a problem with CT and I would assume that if any more sections were
added, it will still crash.  SS will work funny, but still work.  The
work-around that I found was to move the last line of the file which is:

DX:  DX;  DX

to anywhere from the first to the third from the last line of the file (in
this case, above AB) and change the first DX to something other than DX,
such as:

DX_:  DX;  DX

This will put DX_ in the mult map (the order is dependent upon where the
DX_ line is in the file), but will allow you to enter the mult as DX.  It
seemed to work for me and I offer it as a quick fix for FD.  I don't know
why it works, as I have no insight into the workings of CT, but I just did
some experimenting.

Ed K1EP

Disclaimer:  Use this fix at your own risk, I have not completely tested it
on all modes/bands/etc on CT.

WWW:                      http://www.ve7tcp.ampr.org/Software/ct
Questions:                owner-ct-user@ve7tcp.ampr.org