CT-User

[ct-user] DVP problem

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] DVP problem
From: K4SO@aol.com (K4SO@aol.com)
Date: Mon, 2 Nov 1998 08:25:15 EST
Dave,

I keep my DVP out of my computer until contests since my sound card and the
DVP have limited interrupt choices. When I put the DVP in for the CQWW, using
9.37, I had the same problem you describe with the F1-7 keys, using previously
recorded files. The callsign synthesized snippets (F5) worked fine. I assumed
RF, as you did, but found the same thing. However, I never did get them to
work, hitting ESC or otherwise. Also, unlike your situation, re-recording
worked fine, until the next reboot and reload. I am using RAMDISK and booting
to a DOS prompt in Windows95 as opposed to actually booting with a diskette
and DOS 6.22. I'll try 9.27 to see if I have the same problem. I have used
this computer/method in the past without problems. I'm thinking 9.37 is the
culprit. I'll be watching to see if others had similar problems.

73, Mark