CT-User

[ct-user] dvp problem

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] dvp problem
From: JBaumgarte@aol.com (JBaumgarte@aol.com)
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 1998 18:02:29 EST
I, foolishly, tried to send power for my new electret mike through the DVP
board  from the Omni 6. (4 volts, I believe).

Although I can play back my stock SS type messages from disk if I dissengage
PTT and use VOX, as soon as I hit the foot switch a solid fully modulated
"noise" comes on.  I can run audio through from the mike if the DVPTSR isn't
loaded and it is the same with a couple of different head sets and, yes, the 4
volts no longer is connected to the mike.

Wonder if anyone can give me any hints or sources of repair possibilities.

Many thanks.

John, N0IJ