CT-User

[ct-user] radio communication

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] radio communication
From: Lawrence G. Dobranski" <va3lgd@amsat.org (Lawrence G. Dobranski)
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 1999 06:27:29 -0500
Micheal:

I had similar problems on 20 metres.  The radio would go into a feedback
loop with the VOX on and be locked in transmit.  I diagnosing the problem I
disconnected the antenna and installed a dummy load.  The problem went away.
After some experimenting I discovered the PL-259 that connects to the rig
was installed incorrectly.  Replace the PL-259 and no more problem!

Hope this helps.

Good luck

73 de VA3LGD
Lawrence