CT-User

[ct-user] radio communication

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] radio communication
From: Gilmer, Mike" <mgilmer@gnlp.com (Gilmer, Mike)
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 1999 08:59:08 -0500
It's not your fault Scott!  I think there's a problem with the
CT939-to-TS-940 communications especially WRT BandMap functions.  I've
heard from others with 940s who seem to have similar problems.  I'd
venture a guess that the 930 computer control that you installed
emulates a 940, right?
I've had all those kinds of problems you mentioned: reverse-split ALT-F3
packet spots (I think from a BandMap-initiated-contact),
delete-in-BandMap-then-crash, gobbledygook-on-screen.  I've written down
a few step-by-step recreations for some boo-boos (not the crash,
however).  Ever look at VFO-B when NOT working a split? Every once in a
while my VFO-B would be loaded with a frequency like 6.235 MHz or
300.0KHz.  Strange!

Mike N2MG