CT-User

[ct-user] SS + 9.46.002

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] SS + 9.46.002
From: Doug Brandon <dab@home.com> (Doug Brandon)
Date: Mon, 08 Nov 1999 10:54:31 -0800
 >Used CT this weekend 2 computers/2 radios - anyone else out there have
 >problems with sequence numbers in multi computer setup?

I do single op 2 radio, but I haven't gotten around to checking out the
2-radio software support, so I just use two computers networked
together.  I used 9.45 this weekend, but remember seeing this weird
behavior in earlier versions also.

If you log a QSO on computer #1, the QSO data gets sent to computer #2, but
computer #2 doesn't update its "send this #" value until a new QSO is
logged on computer #2.  CT *should* update its "send this #" value when a
new QSO is received over the network.  I had to do a lot of manual exchange
sending because of this.  Also, if you happen to press ALT-W to wipe the
contents of the current QSO entry while the second computer is "out of
sync", it will show the wrong QSO # on the screen.  The wrong # will also
scroll up the screen as you continue to log QSOs.  Hopefully the wrong
number isn't stored in the .BIN file (I got home late and haven't done a
WRITELOG yet).  I made note entries whenever this happened so I could
manually fix the .LOG file afterwards if necessary.

    73 de Doug, N6RT

   Doug Brandon         http://members.home.com/dab         dab@home.com