CT-User

[ct-user] QSX Reversed

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] QSX Reversed
From: John K Bednar <jkbe@lucent.com> (John K Bednar)
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2000 09:05:50 -0500

The reversed spots have happened to me in prior contests
at K3II's station (FT-1000D or IC-775).
I agree that if you pause and log in RX everything is
fine. If you log while transmitting
split, I believe the stored frequency and bandmap both have
the
wrong frequency.

Ken, thanks for your efforts with all the recent
improvements
to CT!

John, K3CT

Robert Doherty wrote:

> Mike,
>
>  tnx .. K1TH also had it happen... 940...
> Ken said that possibly we were
> transmitting so it was reversed ..  but when we were working the WPX on
> Sunday it happened again on 40..   we had entered a DX call ..   BUT
> momentarily keyed the transmitter ..  a fraction of a second.. on vox..
> cleared my throat ..  then hit ALT-F3..  and it was reversed ...  we did NOT
> hit ALT-F3 while in transmit ..   we hit ESC to clear the ALT-F3..   and then
> hit ALT-F3 again ..  but it was still reversed ..   we then tried to
> duplicate what happened with another call ....  but could not do it again
> ...  we will try again this morning to see if we can reproduce what happened
> Whitey  K1VV
>
> "Gilmer, Mike" wrote:
>
> > If I dare say, this seems to be a Kenwood problem.
> > I posted at least two emails this month describing exactly this and some
> > other manifestations of VFO problems.  It seems to work "both ways" (with CT
> > 9.48), that is, the 940 can send "bad" data to CT for ALT-F3 usage, and CT
> > (the bandmap/announce window) often sends "bad data" to the 940.
> >
> > I also posted info on this one year ago - so it's been a problem for a
> > while.
> >
> > Another argument for "going solo" ;-)
> >
> > Mike N2MG
> >
> > On Sunday, March 26, 2000 9:39 AM, Robert Doherty [SMTP:k1vv@tmlp.com]
> > wrote:
> > >
> > > WPX   &  CT9.49.008    ... TS-850
> > > After about six entries on 40 phone and posting the DX splits correctly
> > > ..  ALT-F3..
> > > the next one came up reversed ...like this.
> > >
> > > DX    OE8SKQ   7213.0   QSX  7092.0
> > >
> > > Any one clicking on the band map would have ended up transmitting out of
> > > the band.
> > > Has any one else had this problem??  We had it happen one time before
> > > with
> > > CT9.48.
> > >
> > > Whitey   K1VV
> > >

> > --