CT-User

[ct-user] problems in wpx

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] problems in wpx
From: Robert S Morris" <rsmorris@worldnet.att.net (Robert S Morris)
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2000 19:14:24 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: Rick Dougherty <NQ4I@compuserve.com>
To: CT-User <CT-User@contesting.com>
Sent: Sunday, March 26, 2000 11:36 AM
***********************************
I also had some problems..
I run 12 computers, connected thru a coaxial LAN.
I loaded ver 949 on all of the machines Friday morning after seeing some of
the comments about how the earlier versions handled the numbering.

All went well until about 1900 GMT on Sunday.. First report was that
the numbers in que were different than they should be.. Seems the numbers
had jumped. For instance I am looking at the single 80M log.
Contact number 337 is at 1952 with KM3T. The next QSO is after whatever
happened at 2103..
QSO number shows up as 1625 for WS1A at 2103 GMT.
 Next was                           1631                       2113
 After that, the numbers went in order, but of course they were off by
1591!!

Going to SETUP in 1 of the computers, I noticed that COM 1 was set to
NETWORK. It was initially set to control a radio.. I found the same thing in
3 other computers. Restoring COM 1 to the proper radio type and going back
to the logging screen seemed to restore order to the network and the numbers
seemed to increment correctly, but the whole log was trashed for the
remaining numbers..On all bands!!

I did check SETUP all the other computers and they still showed radio
control on COM1.
Only other thing I noticed was the second radio on 40M (a TS940 with the
PIEXX interface) had its frequency display showing 2.000MHZ.

It was almost like something hit the network and set some of the COM1's to
NETWORK. Since there were radios hooked to those ports instead of network
data neither device understood what the other was saying???

I have never had anything like this happen before.

First, any ideas of what happened?
Second, how can I fix the numbers that are showing up?
I know, one way is to reenter everything, but 6200 QSO's will take a long
time. Also, since the ops had to add the good QSO number to the dupes on
their band and add one for the next QSO, I know there are some wrong numbers
in the logs of others they worked.
Whatever happened did not seem to screw up the Summary window (Alt-S).
When one station on a band worked someone and the second station had a
station in que, the second stations que number did increment correctly..

Thanks in advance, and for the contacts
73/Bob
W4MYA