CT-User

[ct-user] LPT Keying Cable Problem

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] LPT Keying Cable Problem
From: Greg Gobleman" <k9zm@frontiernet.net (Greg Gobleman)
Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2000 09:22:14 -0500
HI Frank,

I saw a fellow refer to it, but I don't think you responded.  I am not
familiar with your rig.  Does it have a switch on it for an internal keyer
like on the TS850?  When using any outboard keyer or computer to key, I need
to run with the rigs keyer off.  Jim and Bob both mention the adapter, I
must have my 850 wired like it is using a handkey when using the computer.
I can flip a switch and plug in a paddle and use the internal keyer.  So I
guess that my rig changes it's configuration to stereo or mono, you might
have to change the plug to achieve the same effect.

Also, the Bios in my newer machines have several different settings for how
the LPT ports communicate.  Check your Bios and see if it can be changed and
if that solves it.  Different settings would be EPP, ECP, maybe SPP.  Also,
did you actually check the ports and see if they are okay?  If they will not
communicate with a printer it might be something as simple as the plug on
the motherboard is turned around.

Good Luck
Greg K9ZM