CT-User

[ct-user] Interface to Icom 775

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] Interface to Icom 775
From: jascott@ix.netcom.com (John Scott)
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2001 16:15:03 -0400
I had similar problems with a Ten-Tec Omni VI+ last year trying to run at
9600 bps.  Discussions with the factory indicated that I'd be better
sticking to 2400 bps. I don't know if it is CT having so much to do or that
the processor on the radios are not 1.6 GHz pentiums, but with speeds too
high, the first few bits of a message may get lost.  I'd suggest sticking
with 1200 or 2400 bps to see if that doesn't solve your problem.  I don't
think your fingers can outpace data at 1200 bps anyway.

 --John Scott,  K8YC