CT-User

[ct-user] VIRUS

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] VIRUS
From: gyantis@midtec.com (Gary Yantis)
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2001 18:19:40 -0700
I agree.  Also, I discovered the virus of the last few days only slightly
changes the e-mail address of the sender (the infected computer).  The virus
adds an underscore to the front of the address.  So, if you wish to notify
the owner of the infected computer, just drop the underscore in the return
address.  i.e _gary@w0tm.com is really gary@w0tm.com.   I've been notifying
quite a few.  In each case, in their reply, they said they had no idea their
computer was infected and sending out viruses on its own and, in each case,
they said they had no idea they needed anti-virus software since, to quote
one of them, "I only e-mail with people I know".

Gary, W0TM
www.w0tm.com