CT-User

[ct-user] Tools for CQWW M2 category ?

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] Tools for CQWW M2 category ?
From: jjreisert@alum.mit.edu (Jim Reisert AD1C)
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 07:06:48 -0500
At 12:12 PM 11/13/2002 +0000, alsopb wrote:

>8 band changes/hour is really only four- one to a band and one back.

Not necessarily, especially if you're passing someone from band to band.  A
9U from 10m to 15m to 20m then back to  running on 10m is really three band
changes, not four.

At HC8N M/2 in the CQ-RJ RTTY contest a month ago, we kept track of the
band changes in our heads.  It was easy because it was only three guys, and
you can talk during RTTY QSOs ("Hey, we only have one band change
left.").  Still, it's not an optimal solution.  Post-contest log checking
for this rule is very easy.  Maybe Ken can add a counter somewhere on the
CT screen announcing "'n' band changes left this hour."

73 - Jim AD1C

USA +978-251-9933, <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.com
PGP Fingerprint: D8E2 3D78 339F A7F1 8C13  1193 B5D1 4FB6 79D1 70DC