CT-User

[ct-user] What a deal!

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] What a deal!
From: n0nb at networksplus.net (Nate Bargmann)
Date: Tue Mar 11 20:38:40 2003
And if you're lacking a licensed copy of DOS to use, and you're feeling
adventurous, check out FreeDOS:

http://www.fredos.org

I have installed in a partition on a laptop I bought and dropped my copy
of CT into it and used for a few hours in ARRL DX the other weekend.  As
long as I ran it things were stable and I did enable radio control with
my FT-920.  I would recommend loading the ANSI.SYS driver before running
CT as it seems to want that.

The price is right (free) and the license allows you to use FreeDOS
however you see fit.  It's not at version 1.0, but seems stable enough
to try.  It's actively developed so feature enhancements and bug fixes
will continue.

73, de Nate >>

--
 Wireless | Amateur Radio Station N0NB          | "We have awakened a
 Internet | n0nb@networksplus.net               | sleeping giant and