CT-User

[ct-user] CT COMTSR settings and OMNI VI settings that work?

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] CT COMTSR settings and OMNI VI settings that work?
From: k4sb at earthlink.net (K4SB)
Date: Fri May 30 23:43:54 2003
AB9M@aol.com wrote:
> Long time CT user with success with COMTSR settings for other devices unable
> to achieve success with OMNI VI+. COM port and cable verified with TNC, but
> radio will not echo back to CT.
--------Gary and all, Ten Tec has a "test program" which will verify
the radio. If I remember correctly, you hook up the cables and then
use any program ( such as hyper term) in Windows. Just start typing,
and they say you should see your own typing and an echo from the Omni.

In my case, the Omni was at fault....1 transistor had failed on the
interface board. But I should point out that I had absolutely no
control of the Omni.

Hope this helps
73
Ed