CT-User

[ct-user] CT 9.92.001 Slow down, (WAS: CT 9.92.001 and Win95 help)

To: us4lgw@ukrpost.net, ct-User@contesting.com
Subject: [ct-user] CT 9.92.001 Slow down, (WAS: CT 9.92.001 and Win95 help)
From: Ed Parish K1EP <k1ep@arrl.net>
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2003 07:15:46 -0500
At 12/16/03 02:11 AM, Serge Vaskovsky US4LGW wrote:
>Hello TOM
>If you'll follow this link http://k1ea.com/download/index.htm you'll
>see the words "WIN95 is not supported" in ct9.92.001 description.
>By the way, did you try to load .bin file with a some hundreds of qsos ?
>If you did, was your computer slowed down ? I ask this question
>because my AMD K6 233 MHz 32 Mb RAM Win98SE computer was awfully slowed
>down during the first use of CT9.92.001 in WWCW.

I used DOS CT9.92.001 in the ARRL 10M contest, CW only.  I was only in the
contest for about an hour, so I don't have too much to go on, but then again, I
had a very small log. I noticed a very long pause when I entered a callsign,
usually right after the number in the callsign.  I think it had something to do
with SCP, but there is no way to turn it off in the later versions.  I was also
using a new (to my CT operations) computer and thought maybe it was something
in the setup, but now I wonder if anyone else saw this.  Serge, was this
similar to your problem.