CT-User

Re: [ct-user] Call KG4USK crashed CT-WIN

To: "HP1XVH-Guenter S. Hamacher PCC-Panama" <contadora@gmx.de>
Subject: Re: [ct-user] Call KG4USK crashed CT-WIN
From: "Alan C. Zack" <k7acz@cox.net>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2004 18:37:08 -0800
A KG4 with two letters in the suffix is supposed to be GITMO (Guantanamo Bay Cuba) But the FCC, in a dumb move, issued KG4 calls with a single letter or with 3 letters in the suffix to stateside, US CONUS, hams. No wonder CT is confused, I am too. DUMB, FCC!!! Any KG4 should be GITMO, period.

HP1XVH-Guenter S. Hamacher PCC-Panama wrote:
Hi Ken,
we are just in preparation for the CQWW on Contadora Island with our special
call 3E1A.
Today in a pile up I was called by a station KG4USK. When we put the call in
the logentry and pressed space ore enter key, CT-Win crashed. This was on 2 different
computern at the same and also with 2 different CT-WIN versions.(10.01.005 and 10.01.008)
This pure OM we where unable to log.
Just for information and please try it.
See you all in the CQWW on 20 Meter this weekend.
DJ7AA Wil and HP1XVH- (now HP1XX) Gunter.

Alan Zack
Amateur Radio Station K7ACZ
Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
Quality Engineer, The Boeing Company, Retired
SEMPER PARATUS
http://www.gocoastguard.com
http://www.uscg.mil/d14/units/asbp/uscgasbp/
DEPARTMENT OF HOMELAND SECURITY