Re: [Karlnet] Karlnet Routing

To: karlnet@WISPNotes.com
Subject: Re: [Karlnet] Karlnet Routing
From: Roger Boggs <rogerboggs@att.net>
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2002 14:26:11 -0400
This would be a good time, probably, for someone to explain to me (and the rest
of the unenlightened troops) the difference between classless and classful routing.

In the past, Karlnet did not support classless routing and the way I understood it
was that you could not have different subnet masks defined for equal class networks.

As an example, you could not define interface 1 as a Class C network with
a .224 mask and interface 2 as a Class C network with a .248 mask. If you declared
one Class C network as a .224 mask, then all other Class C networks defined to
the Karlnet Router would have to assigned a .224 mask.

I'm sure this isn't right, but I'd sure like to have it explained to me so that I DO
understand it. Remember, I'm an RF weenie - not a networking weenie. :-)