[Karlnet] New to Karlnet and 802011b

To: karlnet@WISPNotes.com
Subject: [Karlnet] New to Karlnet and 802011b
From: wireless@peake.com
Date: Wed, 08 May 2002 16:52:10 -0400
I've just opened a box from Charles with a AP-1000 and CPE w/ Karlnet 4.x and this is greek to me ;)

I'm setting this project up to provide several of our vendors that are located within a mile (we are all inside the DC beltway) with something better than the dialup speeds they are used to. I've got a T1 to share.

I'm renumbering my public IPs to a new range and I should have 12 open IPs.

Does the AP use a private or public IP? pros/cons? From the docs it looks like I can give each CPE a public IP on the WAN side and it will NAT to a private IP for the users. Does the CPE do DHCP for the user's PC? I'm wondering what I need to do for the Client.

Thanks
Chris
wireless@peake.com

---
[This E-mail scanned for viruses by Declude/F-Prot AV]