Re: [Karlnet] PRISM II 100mW card and Karlnet TC V4.02

To: <karlnet@WISPNotes.com>
Subject: Re: [Karlnet] PRISM II 100mW card and Karlnet TC V4.02
From: "Norm Young" <npyoung@applegatebroadband.net>
Date: Fri, 10 May 2002 14:09:21 -0700
Yes, please, is anyone else deploying this card with Karlnet TC?  I'd love
for the problem to be other than this card, as I really, really need that
output power.

I'm really surprised at the receive sensitivity being so depressed.  The
noise reported is -102dBm on the PRISM II card, and the signal is reported
at -101dB and the local signal reported at the laptop (Orinoco card, 24dB
parabolic, 4' pigtail, Karlnet TC running on XP) is -80dBm, noise @ -99dBm,
S/N=19 dB, distance 7.5mi from AP, good LOS, no obstructions.   The AP is an
AP-1000, two radios slotted, one Orinoco on CH6 as a backhaul running into a
horizontally polarized 24dB parabolic, the other, the PRISM II 100mW card as
the PtMP on CH11 running into a 90 degree, vertical polarized 15dB sector,
running TC v4.02.

Norm