RE: [Karlnet] In Errors/FCS Errors

To: <karlnet@WISPNotes.com>
Subject: RE: [Karlnet] In Errors/FCS Errors
From: "Support" <support@karlnet.com>
Date: Thu, 23 May 2002 09:03:33 -0400
The FCS errors happen when only a partial frame makes it across the
connection.  So if interference/noise steps on the frame, or if the link is
marginal, or if there is a bad connection in the cable, then FCS errors will
go up.  Typically on a wireless link you will see these errors.  A rule of
thumb is if they are above 10% of bytes in then you have a major problem.

Doug Harman
KarlNet, Inc.
525 Metro Place North
Suite 100