[Karlnet] Karlnet Question.... Wil this work... :-)

To: "karlnet@WISPNotes. com" <karlnet@wispnotes.com>
Subject: [Karlnet] Karlnet Question.... Wil this work... :-)
From: "Nate McLain" <nate@accesscc.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Jun 2002 23:47:21 -0500
Well guys... I have a question on a setup I have installed currently that
isn't working right.... I don't believe it to work at all but just want to
run this by Doug, Charles, Tony(I talked to you already I know), and the
others.

1. Will a Single User SOHO(Base Station) talk to a Single SOHO(Satellite
Station) and work?

2. Will this work:
Omni (ISP Base) < - > (Grid)Unlimited Satellite --Crossover-- Single
SOHO(Base)Grid< - > Grid Single SOHO(Satellite) -- Computer
Will the computer be able to pass data all the way to the omni?
Or will the first single soho stop this from happening because of the 1 MAC
limitation?

What about this? Notice the switch instead of the Crossover:
Omni (ISP Base) < - > (Grid)Unlimited Satellite --Switch-- Single
SOHO(Base)Grid< - > Grid Single SOHO(Satellite) -- Computer
Does this make any difference?
Currently with that setup you can ping the 2 SOHO's but nothing past that.
So if I even place a 5 User SOHO as the Base SOHO I be able to connect to
the other SOHO(Satellite) and then be able to communicate to the rest of the
network???

Will that work or do I just need to place another Unlimited Satellite where
the Single SOHO(Base) is at?

I know there are probably better ways to do this but we are planning on
coming back later when we have more time and putting in a real ISP Base with
an omni etc. This way we can reuse these satellites other places.

Nate McLain
"The Wireless Guy"
http://www.wireless-guy.com