Re: [Karlnet] Max Number of users with Karlnet?

To: karlnet@WISPNotes.com
Subject: Re: [Karlnet] Max Number of users with Karlnet?
From: "Nate McLain" <nate@ctrail.net>
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2002 20:01:43 -0500
Well we need 3 interfaces for allot of our units. And an AP-1000
doesn't have that... ;-)
ANd it is allot nicer to put 3 sectors on 3 interfaces of a flashrom
unit. Saves money on karlnet software.. ;-)
ANd for our CPE we are using RG1000s. Flashed with Single User SOHO.
Outdoor mount, POE, etc....
It makes it nice for remote management and if you have ever had to go
out and reinstall and setup NDIS clients you would really not ever
want to do that again!!!
I had 2 calls Saturday while I was on the road from people that had
reformated there computer.. ANd guess what.. they thought I needed to
make a truck roll to reinstall there computers... But with the RG it
just assigns them there IP and they are good to go.
So NDIS is crap unless it is on a laptop...;-)

Nate

> Ok, the next logical question here is what are you using for a SBC?
Also,
> why are you not using an AP-1000 instead?

SHOULD be