[Karlnet] Greetings. Critical Karlnet Questions

To: <karlnet@WISPNotes.com>
Subject: [Karlnet] Greetings. Critical Karlnet Questions
From: "George Minich" <gminich@toshiba.ca>
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 09:42:37 -0400
  Hello all,

  Thanks to the providers of this list!!  I was unaware that this list existed until just last night.

   I am going to deploy in a certain area using Orinoco gear and a Karlnet Flashrom PC.  I have read some of the posts in the archives and have a few questions that I hope you are able to help me with. Here goes:

1)  Are there indeed lockup issues with the FlashROM modules on a busy network?  I am using a 3 radio setup with 4.08 or 4.15 bins on the Base (I am not at the office right now so this is from memory).  I can't afford to have the base lockup weekly.  Do any of you run the FlashROM without rebooting?

2)  Should I stick to a 2 radio base setup in the FlashROM PC?  It sounds like there is an issue with the operation of 3 radios in the Base PC when using the FlashROM version.

3)  How many users could you, or do you currently, bridge via an RG-1100 satellite?

4)  Does the NAT work properly in the satellites.

  I know this is a good number of questions for a single post, finding this list is like a kid walking into a candy store.  This list is great!!

Thanks to all in advance

George