[Karlnet] Vlans Question

To: <karlnet@WISPNotes.com>
Subject: [Karlnet] Vlans Question
From: "Alejandro Navarro" <anavarro@procaps.com.co>
Date: Sat, 15 Feb 2003 23:03:49 -0500
I have several microwave link in my netwoks with karlnet soft and
license.
I use several version of software in satellite and AP (3.8 trought 4.x)
I have a border cisco router connect(IOS 12.x) at a satellite radio via
a FastEthernet port and this .
All client are diferent network and the satellites setup in swtich mode
( no routing )
At this time i do alias in the fastethernet for diferent networks and is
my actual form for separatly the clients.
I need setup virtual interfaces in the cisco router for monitoring
trafic of the clients but the IOS only permit this if i use VLAN options
( cisco or estándar VLAN ).
The client dont use any router only a normal PC or a gateway via a linux
server ( i use real IPs ), if i setup alias the remote client see the IP
alias and is posible ping at this, but if clear the alias and setup a
virtual interface (cisco or normal) the client not is posible ping the
interface and the trafic is droop. But if you ping this over the world
this is ok.
I need resolve this problem ( is very serius for me ).
Not problem if the solution is upgrade all software and licence, i need
a solution if this is form not problem.
If the solution is diferent pls guide me...

Tks

Alejandro

PD apologies for me english ..  :-)