RE: [Karlnet] Intro

Subject: RE: [Karlnet] Intro
From: "Caleb Carroll" <karlnet@pathcom.ca>
Date: Mon, 03 Mar 2003 09:37:42 -0700
Both brands of the high-powered card are getting a lot warmer than your typical
Orinoco card.  We've solved the temperature problem very simply by leaving
covers off or adding a small fan in some cases.

Signal information - Yes that's quite interesting... When you use the
configurator wireless link test all of the high-power cards except one, shows
believable values for Local SNR, signal, noise.  The Remote values are always
SNR 1, Signal -94, Noise -95  The exception to this is one high power Zcomax
card that shows believable values for both Local and Remote.  We have no idea
why this one card provides different results.  The important thing is of course
that it works...