RE: [Karlnet] Intro

Subject: RE: [Karlnet] Intro
From: Leszek Olszewski <leszek@oslink.pl>
Date: Mon, 03 Mar 2003 17:39:22 +0100
It's not a power issue, I've seen the very same thing. AP-1000 when booted in 802.11b mode loaded with prism cards locks up. As simple as that.

Regards,
Leszek

At 09:23 2003-03-03 -0700, you wrote:

>IMO, it's probably not a firmware issue, rather, if you have 2 cards loaded
>in the AP-1000, it's a power draw issue
>
>-Charles

Hi Charles, I don't think it is a power draw issue. I've tried just a single high-power card in the AP-1000 with the same results.

The reason I don't think it is a power related issue is because these cards work fine when I am using TurboCell.

Do you know why an "802.11b Compatible Access Point" would require more power to operate than a TurboCell Base Station?