[Karlnet] Three different AP1000 keep loosing one card

To: <karlnet@WISPNotes.com>
Subject: [Karlnet] Three different AP1000 keep loosing one card
From: helio@compuland.com.br
Date: Sat, 08 Mar 2003 15:58:55 -0300
Hi:

I've post that in last November:

>   I have an issue with an AP1000 running Karlnet TurboCell ISP. The slot one
> is
>used as a satellite to link to another AP. The slot two is used as a ISP
>polling
>base. Sometimes the slot one just hangs (the card just seems to turn off) - a
>reboot in the bridge solves. The link has good SNR (about 30db). The AP is
>brand
>new.
>
>Could be a problem with the bridge ? Or with the card ? Firmware issue ?

Just an update...

I got suggestions from the list and Karlnet support sent me the 4.31 version of
ISP
Base to try to solve the issue. Unfortunately, the problem remains...

After 20 dias, average, the AP1000 looses one card. I didn't find any pattern
that could explain. Does not seem to be related to traffic load , nor
temperature
(could happen during the day or in the middle of the night) not even storms or
lightining. . Even a lightly loaded AP1000 sometimes hangs... The SNR is good
(30
average). Do not use power over ethernet, they have power source and online
nobreak nearby.

I remember someone in the list told us of a similar problem...
Actually I have 10 bridges running, most of them never had the problem.
All of them using Orinoco Gold Cards, 8.10 firmware.

Regards,
Helio.
-
CompuLand ISP Admin