RE: [Karlnet] Three different AP1000 keep loosing one card

Subject: RE: [Karlnet] Three different AP1000 keep loosing one card
From: Chris Conn <cconn@abacom.com>
Date: Sat, 8 Mar 2003 22:12:50 -0500 (EST)
On Sat, 8 Mar 2003, Kevin Knuth wrote:

> Ben,
>
> Please do report this ASAP to Tech Support at 614-822-0023 OR
> support@karlnet.com
>
> Kevin

Hello,

I have already reported this issue over a year ago.  If you put the base
station to 5.5Mb in the sensitivity setting, you no longer have the
problem, at the cost of about 80K/sec of throughput, which is good or bad
depending on how bothersome the case may be.

When this situation arises, a satellite causes the base to retransmit
continuously for minutes at a time to one of the many satellites;  only
the particular satellite  receives the attention of the base.  After a
while, the base will resume servicing other satellites.

I would like to see the Turbocell code act in a different manner in these
cases to guarantee service to the other satellites in cases such as this.
I don't understand how one independant satellite can cause the base to
focus only on it and not on the others.  I am also surprised that it took
this long for others to report the problem, as suddenly it is now being
posted regularily to this list.

Chris