RE: [Karlnet] RG-1000's that CONSTANTLY lockup

Subject: RE: [Karlnet] RG-1000's that CONSTANTLY lockup
From: "Steve Deaton" <steve@texasbb.com>
Date: Thu, 1 May 2003 12:11:58 -0500
I have RGs that have been up for 7 months w/out problem.  Of course, I
am using TC, not 802.11, and I don't know which you have in play.  I'd
determine the problem with the RGs and fix it.  The only "reboot
required" situations we run into seem to be if lightening occurs w/in
about 50 feet of the antenna, or if the town has a brown-out.  I haven't
seen 20 of these instances in almost a year.  If you're having this
problem system wide, look at how the installation is being completed.
That's just my two cents worth, but we have over 200 clients all using
RGs, if that's any help.

Steve Deaton
IT Director
Texas Broadband, Inc.