Re: [Karlnet] TC on 70km link?

Subject: Re: [Karlnet] TC on 70km link?
From: "Bruno Lopes F. Cabral" <bruno@openline.com.br>
Date: Tue, 13 May 2003 15:55:09 -0300
Hi there

thanks for answering

I received positive feedbacks for other sources, too, but I really
wish to know if anyone is _already_ doing that. Knowing a few
success reports could lead to a more easy acceptance (=more$$$)
here for the project

will orinoco's 35mW output suffice for a viable 70km link?
Any hints on what hardware to use (i.e. switch to prism 100 or
200mW cards? avoid RG1x00 alltogether?)
which would be the estimated throughtput that we should expect?
should I use Base<>Sat instead of Sat<>Sat in PtP mode? without
polling?
would it be better to start trying full-duplex (two pairs of antennaes
and cards) instead of a half-duplex link?

are questions that are poping up my head/desk right now ...
-- if you know what I mean ;-)

Cheers
!3runo
from Brazil