RE: [Karlnet] TC on 70km link?

Subject: RE: [Karlnet] TC on 70km link?
From: "Bernd Vetter" <bvetter@colonia-independencia.net>
Date: Tue, 13 May 2003 15:16:51 -0400
Hi,

the Horizon correction is 72m, the 0,6 freznel zone radius is 28m, and the
path loss is 136,91 db @ 70km.
With the orinoco card, at the given distance, @11mbps/-82db RX sensitivity,
you will get 0,69 db of fade margin, using 24dbi grids, and 1,5 db misc
cable/connector loss on each side, which is way too low. If timing isn't an
issue at this distance, you'll have to use amps, to get a reliable
connection.
With your 31 dbi dish antennas you'll get 14,69 db at this distance with the
above misc loss. This should work.
Hope, it'll help.

Saludos
Bernardo