RE: [Karlnet] Lightning?

Subject: RE: [Karlnet] Lightning?
From: "Andy Henckel" <andy@multibandcom.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2003 11:04:23 -0600
It was a really big lightning storm, and we didn't see direct hits except for
our tower site.  But proximity to lightning seems to take out antennnas.  About
a year ago, I was at a customers house with one other engineer.  Lightning
struck a tree about 300 ft from the house.  The customers antenna ceased to
work, as did his router, and his phone system in his house which was not
connected in any way besides ac power.
So.. without actually having a direct hit, panels can be effected.  And yes, we
had at least 15 antennas that we had to swap out because they no longer
functioned.   Good thing insurance is picking some of it up.

Andy