Re: [Karlnet] Lightning?

Subject: Re: [Karlnet] Lightning?
From: "Bob Hrbek" <bhrbek@jagwireless.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2003 14:51:31 -0500
When you say "Antenna" you are talking about just the panel and not an
integrated radio/antenna combo?  If we are just talking about the antenna
portion that you "connect" to a radio........I'd say you are crazy.
But....that's just me.  :)

As far as I'm concerned....that antenna is no different than an extension
cord or blade on a fan.  It is just the thing that delivers the RF energy
and "shouldn't" be destroyed unless it takes a direct hit.

I've had nearby strikes kill about 10 RG-1000's this year.  All of them were
plugged into "power strips" and not surge protection devices.  VERY
IRRITATING!

-bob