Re: [Karlnet] Interference problem - help, out of ideas!

Subject: Re: [Karlnet] Interference problem - help, out of ideas!
From: "Caleb Carroll" <karlnet@pathcom.ca>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 11:34:26 -0600
>Car alarm, some cheap taiwanese car alarms interfere a lot. Had same
>problem here, only solution - lower antennas behind roof corners so there
>isnt direct line of sight between them.

Viper Car alarms use 2.4GHz but the spectrum they use is fairly narrow.

I have an older 2.4GHz Panasonic Giga-Range phone manufactured back in 1999
that is horrible for interference...

- it transmits at around 36dBm (4 Watts) ERP.
- it uses the entire spectrum from 2400 to 2483MHz (looks like a CW)
- really crappy filters or no filters at all because there are sidelobes far
into both sides of the licensed spectrum outside 2400-2483MHz.