[Karlnet] First install of Ubicom-based CPE...

Subject: [Karlnet] First install of Ubicom-based CPE...
From: "Norm Young" <lists@applegatebroadband.net>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2003 18:32:40 -0700
I've got a couple of Ubicom boards enclosed in the AntennasAmerica 19dB
panel/enclosure, and I'm trying to set one up for the first time.  Seems
simple enough, with a web interface, can't mess it up, right? :)

However, after installation in a place I know has good signal (-84dBm) via a
Lucent Silver using the XP driver, I cannot get a signal.  There are a
couple of possiblities, I think: 1) Wrong RF connector, or 2) the Ubicom has
much, much less RF sensitivity than the Lucent card. (Seems unlikely.)

Since I've had to swap these boards out, (got 802.11b instead of TC boards
by mistake) there is some question on which of the two RF connectors to use
on the board.  I've currently got it in the connector closest to the power
connector.    Swapping it over to the other seemed to make no difference.

I've set the Ubicom to the base station channel, (auto selection/scanning
doesn't work) but it reports nothing.  The system passphrase is set
correctly, but I don't see a place to enter the Network ID number like you
have to with the SR-4000.

Anyone else had a setup experience with this hardware?

Norm