[Karlnet] Strange behaviour related to v4.43k ?

Subject: [Karlnet] Strange behaviour related to v4.43k ?
From: "Caleb Carroll" <karlnet@pathcom.ca>
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2003 10:30:53 -0600
We just finished setting up a new base station on friday.  Over the weekend, my
SNMP trap logger was filled with Link Up, Link Down, Link UP, Link Down ...
messages from the new base station.  These messages indicate that the link
state of the interface configured as an ISP Base Station is changing but we
have no customers on this base station for any link state to be established.

I ran Wireless Link Test from the new base station, and clicked on the refresh
button a few times, sometimes the list would be empty, but occasionally, the
base station would list it's self as a test partner.  I was even able to start
a signal test on this phantom interface.  The signal test showed the Base
Station's ethernet MAC as "initiator station" and the Base Station's wireless
MAC as the "remote station".

Is this a bug in 4.43k or has anyone seen this behaviour before?