Re: [Karlnet] routing question

Subject: Re: [Karlnet] routing question
From: Darko Delic <darko@tradal.net>
Date: 03 Jul 2003 09:45:27 +0300
Given your explanation problem is with the routes on the main router
itself in your example you have said that for clients side you use
10.10.10.X addresses. On AP-1000 you have route for them and that is why
you can ping up to AP but not the router since router probably does not
have route for 10.10.0.0 255.255.X.X that points to AP-1000 IP as GW and
is sending all requests directly to the internet where they are lost.
You will have to add this route manually or use routing protocol. In
perfect world karlnet would support OSPF but having in mind that this
world is far from being perfect RIP II will have to do.

This should help your clients to ping your router but this still does
not solve going to the internet. For this to do you will have to enable
NAT for your clients IP addresses on your router.