Re: [Karlnet] two RG-1000 (AP-500) for bridging?

Subject: Re: [Karlnet] two RG-1000 (AP-500) for bridging?
From: "Bruno Lopes F. Cabral" <bruno@openline.com.br>
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2003 09:04:17 -0300
Hi there

> >- when I upload the firmware, no matter what I tried changing
> >in the config, the unit receive a new IP address, 198.17.74.254
>
> you should select the unit, and do "change ip" command,
> then you don't have to change your computers ip

yeah, I tried that. when I connected one RG1000 and "scan" the
network it appeared as "new", so I selected it and push Configure

it asks the Change IP, which I did. after some time it timeouts(!?)
telling the device isn't answering, and asks for the password
(which it shouldn't, I guess, but that's another history)

then I change the computer IP, reboot and tried again. it passed

the other units I have aren't "new" and didn't ask for Change IP.
where is this command? I must missed it :-(

> >the only thing I couldn't figure out whas how to mac filter the units
> >so they only see each other. When I inform the remote ethernet
> >mac address on one side or the other (Turbocell "filtering" button),
> >the communication is interrupt, although I could see the remove

I mean "see the remote", sorry

> >unit on the wireless tests screens.
>
> can you expand on that?

let's say, I finish the config and the units talk to each other
and the computers on each network can ping each other.

so I go to the test screens and can see signal levels etc.

then I go to the Turbocell access control button and Add the
remote unit mac address to the access list (permit it, maximum
throughput, deny the rest), then upload config (and the unit
reboots) -- (I tried this on both sides at the same time and
on just one side, too. they behave the same way on each test)

although the LAN led on each unit stays green, I cannot
ping anymore between the networks. if I go to the test
screens I can still see the signal levels etc.

if I remove all mac addressess from the turbocell access control
button, it magically starts working again (after save & reboot,
of course).

please remember I'm bridging within the units.

Cheers
!3runo
from Brazil