Re: [Karlnet] two RG-1000 (AP-500) for bridging?

Subject: Re: [Karlnet] two RG-1000 (AP-500) for bridging?
From: "Bruno Lopes F. Cabral" <bruno@openline.com.br>
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2003 15:55:25 -0300
Hi there

thanks for answering

> there are little differences between same cards, but Hermes based Orinoco
> Silver and Gold cards are same. Only firmware is different.

do you know if upgrading an RG1000 (silver card) with
AP500 firmware (for gold card) would disrupt the silver card?

> > heard somewhere that the new proxym orinoco
> > cards are 100mW. Does any of you can confirm that?
>
> 802.11b - 85 mW. 802.11g - 60 mw. But there are no linux drivers and i am
> nearly sure, that they are incompatible with Turbocell now.

I was thinking on the new purple silver cards, not the dual band (combo)
cards. But it's good to know that the dual cards won't work

it seems proxym is starting to sabotage Karlnet... pitty :~(

Cheers
!3runo
from Brazil