RE: [Karlnet] bandwidth management

Subject: RE: [Karlnet] bandwidth management
From: "Andy Henckel" <andy@multibandcom.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2003 07:55:36 -0600
Well .. that's partly true.   We run different subnets on the same bridged
wireless network.  (by way of passing bad ethernet source, and adding secondary
ip address to cisco router fastethernet0/0)  That allows us to give the
customer a statically assigned public address, or a NAT'd addres.  What I have
found on the wireless network is that when I have a device on the 10.20.0.0 net
and I am testing speed to another device on the secondary network, indeed
bandwidth management occurs even if I am on the same tower.   As soon as I
change my IP to reside on the same subnet, bandwidth management from the BCU is
gone unless I am TX/RX to some device on the other side of the BCU.