RE: [Karlnet] bandwidth management

Subject: RE: [Karlnet] bandwidth management
From: "Kevin Knuth" <kknuth@karlnet.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2003 15:29:34 -0500
Yes!

That is correct.

Kevin

-----Original Message-----
From: karlnet-bounces@WISPNotes.com
[mailto:karlnet-bounces@WISPNotes.com]On Behalf Of
helio@compuland.com.br
Sent: Thursday, July 17, 2003 2:09 PM
To: Karlnet Mailing List

On 16 Jul 2003 at 7:19, Kevin Knuth wrote:

Ok Kevin, just to clear things up:

If I set a limit of 256K in the ethernet and 256K in the radio slot (RG
Unit)
AND 256K in the AP I'll get 256K each way or lower ?

In the tests I've done on prior releases I got that behaviour...

I supposed that:

1 - limiting 256K on ethernet of the RG will limit to 256K everything
LEAVING the
ethernet
2 - limiting 256K on the radio slot of the RG will limit to 256K everything
LEAVING the
RG by the wireless
3 - limiting 256K on the AP will limit to 256 everything LEAVING the
AP towards the RG.

So I would got 256K both ways (aproximately).

Is that correct ?

Thanks,
Helio.

> The answer to your question is "NO".   Sorry, our bandwidth is just
backward of
> what you would expect!
>
> The engineers are trying to find a way to correct this. This is because
you are
> setting OVER THE AIR bandwidth limitations on the wireless interface-
regardless
> if it is up or download.
>
> Kevin
-