Re: [Karlnet] fog problems

Subject: Re: [Karlnet] fog problems
From: Bryan <blsutton@airnetwifi.net>
Date: Thu, 04 Dec 2003 09:13:15 -0600
I use products (Silcone Grease & Installer Pack) from:
http://fab-corp.com/e1.html
They're the only reliable source I can find (in Iowa)

Bryan

Aaron Hardaway wrote:

Have you sealed your outdoor antenna connectors? We had this problem as well. After a good rain (which killed the connection
entirely) I blew a good half of a teaspoon of water out of the inside of an
N connector! Since we sealed them there hasn't been a single signal problem.
(say that 3 times fast)

Aaron Hardaway Adams Group (530) 682-8972

cheers, I'm using karlnet's pooling base (v4.31) with mikrotik 200mW card (prism 2.5, flashed firmware 1.5.6). I have 3 satellites (v4.31 also) that are 3-4 km away, without perfect LOS. Lately I begin to notice problems with very bad signals (on the normal day usually between -60dB and -70dB) when there is a thick fog. Using lucent/orinoco card I didn't have this kind of problems. Is it interference (I have directional antennas, so I really doubt), or just prism radio? All radios are mounted indoor and have LMR400 cable to the roof, so it can't be a moisture problems.

go wireless,
banda