Re: [Karlnet] KN-50's - anyone seen this

Subject: Re: [Karlnet] KN-50's - anyone seen this
From: "Norm Young" <lists@applegatebroadband.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 20:06:36 -0800
Brett, I noticed that overall latency in our network jumped from <10mS
stable to in the 20-30mS average, some in the 100s mS unstable range as we
added KN-50s to the mix  it seems.  I'm not sure what happened, as we were
adding lots of customers at the time, the vast majority of them KN-50s.  But
never did we go over about 30 customers per AP radio, which should have done
nothing bad to latency.  I substituted a KN-200 for a AP-1000 at the AP to
see if that improved things (it didn't)   It's only an impression, that I
can't back up with hard data, but I suspect that the addition of KN-50's did
not improve system latency/jitter.  Something wasn't/isn't quite right.

Norm