RE: [Karlnet] Reduction of Karlnet features w/out notification.

Subject: RE: [Karlnet] Reduction of Karlnet features w/out notification.
From: "Dan Metcalf" <dan.metcalf@wbsysnet.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 18:35:52 -0500
> > We're in the process of implementing Motorola Canopy throughout our
> entire
> > coverage area because they listen to our requests and make software
that
> > fits our needs (i.e. all CPE's just got the feature of NAT, DHCP,
etc.).

karlnet definitely listens, and there software has always included NAT,
DHCP, as well as RIPv2, and a list of other features

> Exactly, KarlNet fell far behind from where they were 2 years ago.
> Contiunous glitches with their software/hardware, lack of low-cost CPE
> solutions, totaly overpriced software...

they offer a 19db embedded for $300, its pretty slick, onboard speaker
for alignment and temp. sensor

> I really don't know what they're think of doing in future but this way
> they
> do not have a future in wireless

granted karlnet is not perfect, but no company is... I think that they
are on the right path and better things are coming