Re: [Karlnet] Reduction of Karlnet features w/out notification.

Subject: Re: [Karlnet] Reduction of Karlnet features w/out notification.
From: "Nenad Orlic" <internet@madnet.co.yu>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2003 09:00:53 +0100
> karlnet definitely listens, and there software has always included NAT,
> DHCP, as well as RIPv2, and a list of other features

Really? And do that features work? NOT!

NAT? We had to turn of NAT on all of our clients long ago because they had
most unbelievable problems with it.

Routing? Quote from Karlnet support: "Why did you turn it on when it affects
performance?"

Pooling? I think we commented enough on it here. Even 4.44 doesn't solve all
problems. 3.88 was last really working version.

Radius? Finally works in 4.44? We'll see...

I better not start talking about hardware. RG was last stable Karlnet
platform. And they're gone. In my opinion this has been very bad year for
KarlNet. I can go on and on....

We haven't used karlnet in any PtP link for quite a while now. Seen Zyxel
solution for PtP for example? Cost way bellow KarlNet and you get REAL
outdoor solution. PtmP? Proxim and Motorola rolled out products that match
Karlnet functionality wit much lower price tag.

Beside fixing numerous problems with their software/hardware KarlNet should
drastically lower prices of their software, for example Full Satellite
should be in price range of a single-user SOHO. Maybe that's what they
wanted to do? Unfortunately, I don't think so. We've been working with
karlnet platform for years. It was way ahead of the others then. Now, they
totally lost pace, and this way they'll definitively drop out of the race...

greetings, Nenad